Friday, June 23, 2006

...a thin line between Life and Death...

A normal forwarded emailed bugged me the whole day… and the first image that came to my mind the moment I finished reading it was…. my Kiddo…

And the incident which happened recently haunt me again and again and again...


9 June 2006, 6.45 a.m

What an annoying sound!!

HE mumbled. Reluctantly, HIS hand was moving frantically towards the sound, searching for the gadget, and to put an end to the unbearable sound. But it was not the morning call music that HE was ONCE so familiar with.
It was an incoming call.

The screen on the tiny gadget showed a familiar name. SOMEONE whom HE hasn’t spoken to since the last immature message HE had sent to her.
“Hello…?”

“Is my Chris there?”

“What’s wrong?”

“IS CHRIS THERE? CAN YOU PLEASE PASS THE PHONE TO HER?”


With my soul half here and half in La-La Land, I have no idea who it was but I took the call..in a creaky voice.

“…Cheh…” she started to cry like nobody’s business.. that voice.. suddenly I felt my heart stopped pounding and my world stopped turning on its orbit.. total silence..

“WHAT’S WRONG? ARE YOU OKAY? WHAT HAPPENED?”

There were like, godzillions of BAD thoughts that came to mind… I was supposed to join the outing but something came up and I didn’t go back that weekend…


Finally, both calmed down and She related to me what just happened…

…the Girls-nite-out.. the Accident… the Wrecked-Car..

She was still in the state of shock. And her main concern of the aftermath irritated me the most - the damages to the Car!! I know it meant everything to HER... but hey, all I want to know right now is HOW ARE YOU? I was like asking her for a hundred times “ARE YOU OK?” and she was going on and on about the problematic wrecked metal!! sorry..

SHE was upset. Scared. Confused. Shocked. Hurt. TRAUMATISED. And I remember raising my voice to her, asking for a firm answer about Her well-being!! What a bitch , huh?

“I AM OK... .”

That’s all I care and that’s the ONLY feedback that I wanna hear from YOU…

I sensed the mixed up feelings in HER. How is SHE going to tell our parents all these? They are dead against the Clubbing idea since… the day we adapt this particular disturbing word in our lifestyle? Will the Insurance cover the cost of the damages? What if? What if? What ifs!!~

At that moment itself, I felt like catching the next available flight home and to give Her a BIG TEDDY HUG!!
*HUGSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS*


Here I am, sound asleep in my cozy crib. And Mum was trying hard to ignore Dad’s magnificent orchestral snores. And the possibility of Her lying motionless on the tar that night was…. So close… so freaking close..

I almost lost Her.

I’M SORRY FOR BEING A BIATCH AT THAT PARTICULAR MOMENT and for NOT being there.. and I LOVE YOU VERY, VERY MUCH.
"..never look at what you've lost, always look at what you've got..."
..and I am glad to have you around this life, and hoped you'll be there too, in many more lifetime to come..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home